• Welcome to the new Distech Automation Forum!
  • Feel free to post questions, comments, and feedback.
  • Ask us anything!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needless tool changes -help needed
Set everything up and the test prints work great. However having now moved to another model I have a problem. For example imagine the outer model is hollow and 20mm tall while the 2nd model inside is 10mm.  Once the 10mm internal model has been completed I would expected no further tool changes for the remaining 10mm. However it change tools on each layer even when the second tool isn't needed. It retracts and primes the second tool, does a wipe and then purges retracts etc to return to the first tool which is actually needed. I suspect a really simple setting change? Other than that works great.

(12-30-2017, 11:53 AM)dharvey24 Wrote: Set everything up and the test prints work great. However having now moved to another model I have a problem. For example imagine the outer model is hollow and 20mm tall while the 2nd model inside is 10mm.  Once the 10mm internal model has been completed I would expected no further tool changes for the remaining 10mm. However it change tools on each layer even when the second tool isn't needed. It retracts and primes the second tool, does a wipe and then purges retracts etc to return to the first tool which is actually needed. I suspect a really simple setting change? Other than that works great.

UPDATE - Okay some further research I can see the Cura method doesn't allow this.  Went down the S3D route and all worked perfectly.  I can now slice models and not have endless tool changes when its not need. Happy to help others if need be.