• Welcome to the new Distech Automation Forum!
  • Feel free to post questions, comments, and feedback.
  • Ask us anything!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post processor script development (S3D/Prusa Slic3r support)
Ok I tested the z-offset functionality and there was a bug left from S3D 3.1.1 support, the actual z-offset value was multiplied with 0.1 because older S3D stored it incorrectly (if I remember correctly, don't have 3.1.1 installed anymore). Also fixed Prusa Slic3r z-offset functionality.

Latest code can be downloaded from this link: https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch/...master.zip

Also there's some quite major updates coming, a fellow 3D print dude has been implementing Prusa MK2 MM support on top of my cfgfiles-branch. I have to go through the code he has written, but there'll be some changes like priming the nozzles before print starts (like Prusa MM does) and additional movements during the filament change.
This big change will be my priority until I get it merged and working so not going to implement new features or fix non-critical bugs before that.

Is there a requirement for the Layer Extruder to be the first extruder? I wanted to reverse the primary/layer extruder (really to get the tower to print with a different filament) so swapped everything physically and then swapped the Layer, Support, Raft appropriately.. however Filaswitch will not do its thing, gives me a really odd error:

ERROR: Not enough space for the tower inside the bed!

Ive tried diff positions manually (Advanced tab) but same thing every time!?

EDIT: This maybe because I forgot to change the Infill Extruder, however the error message is clearly wrong!

Create new issue in github and attach the malfunctioning g-code. I'll have a look once I've dealt with pending stuff.

(01-04-2018, 06:44 PM)spegelius Wrote: Create new issue in github and attach the malfunctioning g-code. I'll have a look once I've dealt with pending stuff.

I dont have it anymore as I just corrected by not mismating infill extruder and layer extruder. I didnt try replicate as Im on the 10th attempt to print the Deathtrooper skull with supports as the damn tower wont stick (but the actual print does).

EDIT: God damn it, Tower unstuck again, main print perfect as it has a better (wider/actual) raft. I'm just going to let it keep going, maybe the filament it prints into the air will just not matter and get blown away (I have large fans blowing).

Actually that's not a bug: when you have different extruders for infill and layer, there will be at least twice as much tool changes -> tower expands -> needs more space.

About PrintBite: use gluestick or bump the bed temperature 5 - 10 degrees. I remember reading that printbite suggests bit higher temps.

(01-05-2018, 06:15 AM)spegelius Wrote: Actually that's not a bug: when you have different extruders for infill and layer, there will be at least twice as much tool changes -> tower expands -> needs more space.

About PrintBite: use gluestick or bump the bed temperature 5 - 10 degrees. I remember reading that printbite suggests bit higher temps.

----------

I guess one could say the bug is the slightly erroneous error message, not the behaviour!! Wink

I've read all about Printbite too, I am using gluestick and I've jumped temp all the way to an absurd 110c .  The tower base layer just will not stick, the actual print is fine.  As an alternative, what can I tweak to get the tower base physically touching the printed objects raft, to anchor it to something?

Well what do you want the error message to tell you? If you have set up your S3D profile some way, filaswitch just tells you why it can't do it's thing. I could add info that the tower size is this and that, but having different layer extruder and infill extruders is a valid configuration, albeit quite exotic one. Someone might want to print infill with different material for some reason so it's not an error.
I'm not doing any more of sanity checking about S3D settings if I can avoid it because S3D doesn't store all profile info on the gcode file header so getting all the info would mean helluva lot of heuristics from actual gcode -> futile effort.
I can add a print "Check your profile" if that helps Smile

Bed adhesion in general is a multi-faceted problem; sometimes gluestick is what you need, sometimes there's too much gluestick or too old gluestick so you have to remove it, sometimes no gluestick works. When I get to a point where nothing sticks, I do full cleanup with some dishwashing soap and water.

Are you using z-offset by any change? I just fixed a bug with it, that would partly explain why the model sticks but the tower doesn't.

All tower related position stuff is in python code so start hacking Smile.

Version 0.15 released. Had to make this intermediate release to fix some bugs about the S3D temperature handling and get the refactoring code in use. Easier to bring yet more big changes when there's an intermediate fallback release done.

Basically what's in this release is some bugfixes and refactoring which shouldn't be visible to end user (meaning no new bugs Smile ). One new feature was added; ability to define raft extrusion multiplier in Advanced settings.

(01-09-2018, 05:49 PM)spegelius Wrote: Version 0.15 released. Had to make this intermediate release to fix some bugs about the S3D temperature handling and get the refactoring code in use. Easier to bring yet more big changes when there's an intermediate fallback release done.

Basically what's in this release is some bugfixes and refactoring which shouldn't be visible to end user (meaning no new bugs Smile ). One new feature was added; ability to define raft extrusion multiplier in Advanced settings.

spedelius, does your raft use 1 or 2 decimal places.  The first layer of my part starts printing at z = 1.74 mm (due to z-offset), but your raft starts printing at 1.7 mm:

; process Color2_Holes1stLayer
; layer 1, Z = 0.200
; TOOL CHANGE
; TOWER RAFT START
G1 Z2.0400 F180; z-hop
G1 X122.598 Y245.934 F12000; move to raft zone
G1 Z1.7 F180; move z close
G91; relative positioning
G1 X54.800 E1.7755 F240; raft wall
G1 Y17.700 E0.5735 F240; raft wall
G1 X-54.800 E1.7755 F240; raft wall
G1 Y-17.300 E0.5605 F240; raft wall
G1 X54.400 E1.7626 F240; raft wall
G1 Y16.900 E0.5476 F240; raft wall
G1 X-54.000 E1.7496 F240; raft wall
G1 Y-16.500 E0.5346 F240; raft wall

This seems to prevent the raft from sticking to the bed because the nozzle at z = 1.7 is too close to the bed.

All Z move lines are generated using 4 decimal places. So the value is rounded before generating that line. I'll have to check that later