• Welcome to the new Distech Automation Forum!
  • Feel free to post questions, comments, and feedback.
  • Ask us anything!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post processor script development (S3D/Prusa Slic3r support)
Not Marlin, stock/supported on Rostock is Repetier. To be honest I havent set phantom Temp IDs and checked if it does something.. if it did I would have considered that a bug (beneficial in this case!). Wink
Bear in mind T0 is Extruder, T1 is bed.. if it just changed Extruder temps every time a Temp ID was set, then you couldnt change bed temp without the extruder temp changing too which would be nuts (and I can and do change T1 at diff points in prints without T0 changing).

(10-29-2017, 10:59 PM)kodachrome Wrote: Not Marlin, stock/supported on Rostock is Repetier. To be honest I havent set phantom Temp IDs and checked if it does something.. if it did I would have considered that a bug (beneficial in this case!). Wink
Bear in mind T0 is Extruder, T1 is bed.. if it just changed Extruder temps every time a Temp ID was set, then you couldnt change bed temp without the extruder temp changing too which would be nuts (and I can and do change T1 at diff points in prints without T0 changing).

Hmm, extruder temp is controlled with M104 and M109, bed temperature with M140 and M190. So the ID's can't mix? I've been using T0, T1, T2 and T3 on extruder commands and bed stays happily at the temp it should be at.

I have Repetier FW on one of my printers and it works the same, although I have only one extruder on it so I haven't tried the IDs. But extruder and bed are controlled with different commands

Version 0.14 released. Mainly adds support for nozzle temperature changes when changing filament. I've tested it some, but might need some tuning with materials that have vastly different temperatures.
Also some minor bug fixes.

KISS support is kinda done, but not tested and not included in this release. Also to fully support KISS, Filaswitch will need to support smaller than 0.2 mm layers, which I'll try to get working some time before christmas. Time permitting of course...

(12-02-2017, 02:02 PM)spegelius Wrote: Version 0.14 released. Mainly adds support for nozzle temperature changes when changing filament. I've tested it some, but might need some tuning with materials that have vastly different temperatures.
Also some minor bug fixes.

KISS support is kinda done, but not tested and not included in this release. Also to fully support KISS, Filaswitch will need to support smaller than 0.2 mm layers, which I'll try to get working some time before christmas. Time permitting of course...

FYI, the version from October to the release v0.14 give an Index Out of Range error in Filaswitch. Googling suggests this is a Python problem. 0.13 works fine.

Index out of range.... probably the gcode header temperature read function I added. Could you send me the 'fileswitch.log' file that should be in the filaswitch directory? Also send me the gcode file so I can debug, I'm interested to see what's wrong with the header

Been working on with Issue 13: https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch/issues/13, i.e. moving the tool change g-code to configurations files. Yesterday I got a working version done and successful test print done.
With this feature, one can create your own customized tool change g-code. The configuration file format is like this currently:
Code:
prepurge.sweep.length: 50
prepurge.sweep.extrusion.length: 4.5
prepurge.sweep.speed: 6000
prepurge.sweep.count: 4
prepurge.sweep.gap: 1
prepurge.sweep.gap.speed: 3000

rapid.retract.initial[0].length: 20
rapid.retract.initial[0].speed: 1500
rapid.retract.initial[1].length: 15
rapid.retract.initial[1].speed: 1500
rapid.retract.pause: 2000
rapid.retract.long[0].length: 110
rapid.retract.long[0].speed: 1500

feed[0].length: 10
feed[0].speed: 1500
feed[1].length: 105
feed[1].speed: 3000
feed[2].length: 20
feed[2].speed: 1500

prime.trail.extrusion.length: 5
prime.trail.speed: 900

Probably not the final version, but this should be a good starting point for making the current tool change logic tunable by users. I'll post the development code later today for those interested in testing it.

Dowload link to config file branch: https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch/...gfiles.zip

Configuration files are stored in hw_configurations-directory. To add new cfg, just copy one of the existing files with new name, it'll automatically appear in Filaswitch hw selection . I've tried to comment the file about what the options do, but ask if something doesn't seem right or you have ideas for additional options.

Filaswitch.log only has this in it:
-
2017-12-10 20:27:48,292 - filaswitch - INFO - Detected Simplify3D format
2017-12-10 20:27:48,295 - filaswitch - INFO - HW config: PTFE-PRO-12
2017-12-10 20:27:48,653 - filaswitch - INFO - Simplify3D version 4.0.0
2017-12-10 20:27:48,654 - filaswitch - ERROR - list index out of range
-

Gcode attached (cant make a _FS version due to error!). 

thanks

Attached Files
.zip   helmet - Copy.zip (Size: 859.3 KB / Downloads: 2)

Fixed. Committed to master

Is simplify3D version 4.0.1 supported?

I'm getting the below error, in both the 0.14 and cfgfile version.

2017-12-18 11:46:27,548 - filaswitch - INFO - Detected Simplify3D format
2017-12-18 11:46:27,548 - filaswitch - INFO - HW config: PTFE-PRO-12
2017-12-18 11:46:28,235 - filaswitch - INFO - Simplify3D version 4.0.1
2017-12-18 11:46:28,235 - filaswitch - ERROR - list index out of range

Regards,

James.
Jay's 3D Adventure
Twitter:
twitter.com/Jays3DAdventure
Instagram:
instagram.com/jays_3d_adventure/
YouTube: