• Welcome to the new Distech Automation Forum!
  • Feel free to post questions, comments, and feedback.
  • Ask us anything!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register


Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post processor script development (S3D/Prusa Slic3r support)
#11
V0.4 beta release, first GUI draft. Very basic, but does it's thing Smile
 
Reply
#12
Judging by the amount of bug reports, the SW is either perfect or no-one has tried it Big Grin
 
Reply
#13
v0.5 release. See post #2 for info.

Previously only PEEK configuration was supported as that what I'm using. This release adds support to PTFE and the new E3DV6 setups. Also some other updates.
 
Reply
#14
@spegelius

Thanks! The v0.5 release should be enough to start getting some feedback from other Prometheus System users.

We will start the beta testing next week!
 
Reply
#15
(06-30-2017, 07:36 PM)DisTech Automation Wrote: @spegelius

Thanks! The v0.5 release should be enough to start getting some feedback from other Prometheus System users.

We will start the beta testing next week!

I'm ready to try it out. So what is the workflow? I have done all the setup steps; and I am running FilaSwitch.bat for PTFE. Now I am at the load the g-code part; is g-code from S3D?

Thanks
 
Reply
#16
(07-01-2017, 03:57 PM)jjlink Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 07:36 PM)DisTech Automation Wrote: @spegelius

Thanks! The v0.5 release should be enough to start getting some feedback from other Prometheus System users.

We will start the beta testing next week!

I'm ready to try it out. So what is the workflow? I have done all the setup steps; and I am running FilaSwitch.bat for PTFE. Now I am at the load the g-code part; is g-code from S3D?

Thanks

Alright, the current workflow is this:
  1. Slice and save the g-code in S3D. I use 2 extruder profile and Dual Extrusion wizard to set the processes.
  2. After saving the g-code, open FilaSwitch, select hw configuration and browse to the sliced g-code file
  3. FilaSwitch does it's thing and there should be a new file in the same folder as original g-code file. The new file has _fs.gcode ending.
  4. Print
Also in the README there are instructions how to configure S3D so FilaSwitch detects material changes.

Protip: if you want to see how the FilaSwitch result looks, open the new gcode file in S3D, it shows the g-code paths. Actually this is a good idea at this point of FilaSwitch development, to check that FilaSwitch isn't trying to print something totally crazy stuff...

Example of 3DBenchy filaswitch edition: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jymbw7vv8sj5vi...6.png?dl=0

More automated workflow is in the works; when its done, FilaSwitch should do its thing automatically when you save the g-code file in S3D. No need to use the GUI. Currently there's some problems with Windows and S3D terminal commands running Python. Looking for solutions...
 
Reply
#17
Been investigating why S3D over-extrudes when Retract during wipe-options is on. Wrote some analyser script to see if feed rates are wrong or retractions are done wrong. With the help of user in S3D forums, it does seem that S3D fails to do full retract during wipe when the area it is printing is really small. It still does full prime afterwards, so the end result is quite bad when there are really small details, like on 3DBenchy. I'll fix this in filaswitch so wipe should be working too.

Apparently S3D support hasn't done anything about the bug for last year or so....
 
Reply
#18
Implemented the S3D retract/wipe fix and it seems to work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w173wx9wgz5ako...5.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n7gpokgxewtcb...9.jpg?dl=0

The print failed, but that's because the PLA I used for the print started to jam and ripped the bowden tube out of the second extruder -> no feed. Might be the cheap PLA I ordered from Poland...
One thing I hate about all-metal hotends is jams with PLA. I think I'll have to start to plan a setup where it's easy to switch PTFE-lined hotend whenever printing PLA. I now have two machines with jamming problems with PLA, both have all-metal hotends.
 
Reply
#19
@spegelius

Testing is now going well. The initial issues are solved and now there are only a few minor issues present. Check the FilaSwitch GitHub repository for the updated issue tracking.

As for PLA jamming, you may want to check your retraction settings. If your retraction is set too high then the PLA filament plug will be pulled into the cold zone and cause jamming. Also, make sure you are using the updated extruder configuration using dual collets as outlined in the instructions. This prevents the bowden tubes from being pushed out of the extruders in high-pressure scenarios. I hope this helps!
 
Reply
#20
(07-06-2017, 08:34 PM)DisTech Automation Wrote: @spegelius

Testing is now going well. The initial issues are solved and now there are only a few minor issues present. Check the FilaSwitch GitHub repository for the updated issue tracking.

As for PLA jamming, you may want to check your retraction settings. If your retraction is set too high then the PLA filament plug will be pulled into the cold zone and cause jamming. Also, make sure you are using the updated extruder configuration using dual collets as outlined in the instructions. This prevents the bowden tubes from being pushed out of the extruders in high-pressure scenarios. I hope this helps!

v0.6 released, see post #2 for info. Should provide fixes to the github issues.
https://github.com/spegelius/filaswitch/...s/tag/v0.6

As for the PLA, it seems that only the white PLA I was using had problems so might be isolated issue. Added the second collet, reduced retraction slightly and set a new print going (with v0.6 g-code), lets see how it goes.
 
Reply
  


Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)